Communities Planning Portal (Program Organizer)
Portal Training Resources:Training Session Recording
Communities Planning Portal Program Organizer Manual
Communities Speaker Portal Manual
Program Planning Resources:Communities Speaker and Materials Release
Communities PowerPoint Template
Communities Speaker Packet
Communities Speaker Diversity Questionnaire
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I log into the Communities Planning Portal with my D.C. Bar credentials?
The Communities Planning Portal is separate from the D.C. Bar website, so you will have to register separately. However, feel free to use the same credentials to make it easier to remember.
Do speakers need to create an account?
Speakers do not need to create an account for the Portal. They will be given access information for the Speaker Portal in the Welcome Email for their program/event.
Will I have access to edit other programs from my community or subcommittee?
Only the person who created the event in our system will be able to edit it. If multiple committee members need to make edits to the same event, we recommend creating a shared steering committee login for the portal that you can all use.
If I have series dates already reserved for this year, what are the next steps?
Your reserved series dates will appear on the calendar. If your date is shown in the "Program Status" page, you can submit your proposal from there. If your date is not shown in the "Program Status" page, please submit a reservation request when you are ready to plan that part of your series so that we can move forward with the Proposal process.
How do I remove, update, or add a speaker once my program is online?
1) Go to the "Program Status" page and click on your program to open the program details.
2) Scroll down to where your speakers are and find the "Edit Moderator/Speaker(s)" section. Check the "Show Form" box.
3) To remove or modify a speaker, click on that speaker's name and make your changes in the form that opens. To add a new speaker, scroll down to the "Add New Moderator/Speaker(s) Entry Form," fill out your speaker information, and click "Submit."
How can I find the link to the portal on the D.C. Bar Website?
You can find the link to the portal by going to the D.C. Bar Website and navigating through the menu to For Lawyers > Communities > Leadership Resource Portals.
How can I get my guest registered for my program?
To get your guest registered your event, please input their information into our Speaker Portal (UN: commspeaker PW: Panel@901). Search for your name, click on your name, input your guest information and click UPDATE.
How can I change the date of my program?
If you are in the middle of planning a program and your date has changed:
- If your program is in "Program Status" tab, please contact us through the "Program Request Form" and we will change the date for you.
- If your program is not in "Program Status" tab, please submit a new reservation request for the correct date.